This Circular Letter extends the validity period of applying health protocols to international travellers by adding several new provisions accompanied by monitoring, control and evaluation to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including the new variant that has mutated into SARS-CoV-2 variant B117, with following points:
- The government temporarily forbid the foreigner from all the country to enter Indonesia, except for:
- Official Visa Holder;
- Diplomatic Visa Holder;
- Visitor’s Visa Holder;
- Temporary Residence Visa (Vitas) Holder;
- Official Stay Permit Holder;
- Diplomatic Stay Permit Holder;
- Limited Stay Permit Holder (ITAS);
- Permanent Stay Permit Holder (ITAP);
- Active Crew Members (registered);
- APEC Business Travel Card Holder;
- Border Crossers (Dwellers);
- Based on the bilateral agreement on Travel Corridor Arrangement (TCA); and/or
- Been granted on approval letter from competent authorities.
- International travellers and Indonesian citizens who enter Indonesia either directly or transiting in another country must show negative results of the RT-PCR test in the country of origin which valid for 3×24 hours before the departure time;
- There will be a re-examination of RT-PCR once the International Traveller arrived in Indonesia;
- If the result of RT-PCR shows a negative result the International Traveller is obliged to self-quarantine for 5 (five) from the date of arrival at the designated quarantine accommodation provided by the government and foreigner obliged to self-quarantine at selected hotels by the government with their own expenses;
- For the head of a foreign representative and his/her family who is assigned in Indonesia can undergo a self-quarantine at their residence for 5 (five) days, while for other foreign diplomats can self-quarantine at the accommodation which provided by the government;
- In case the result of the RT-PCR re-examination shows a positive result the Indonesian Citizen will be treated at the hospital at the government’s expense while foreigners will be treated with their own expense;
- After 5 (five) day quarantine, there will be RT-PCR re-examination, and if the result shows negative, Indonesian citizens and foreigner are allowed to continue their journey; and
- Port Health Office (Kantor Kesehatan Pelabuhan/ KKP) Soekarno Hatta Airport facilitates Indonesian citizens or foreigners who travel abroad who need medical services upon arrival in Indonesia by with applicable regulations.
- Monitoring, Control, and Evaluation
- The COVID-19 Task Force has the authority to supervise and control the traffic including public transportation by establishing an Integrated Security Post;
- The authority and people who’s in charge of the operation of public transportation will supervise the running of public transportation;
- The COVID-19 Task Force assists the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is assisted at the airport to carry out routine supervision to ensure compliance with the implementation of health protocols and self-quarantine for the diplomatic corps through telephone facilities, video calls and field checks during the period of restrictions; and
- Ministries, Indonesian National Military (TNI), Indonesian National Police (Polri) and Regional Government have the authority to stop and/or prohibit traveller of people based on this Circular Letter by implementing the COVID-19 Health Protocol.
This Circular Letter comes into force from 9 February 2021 and can be changed according to the situation.