“From now on, the foreigner who stays in Indonesia can apply for their Limited Stay Permit Card (KITAS) without needed to claim the telex visa in the Indonesian Representative abroad.”
Following the promulgation of Regulation of Ministry of Law and Human Rights No. 26 of 2020 on Visa and Stay Permit during Adaptation Period to The New Normal (“RM 26/2020”), the Government allows foreigners in Indonesia to obtain visit stay permit (“Izin Tinggal Kunjungan” or “ITK”) or limited stay permit (“Izin Tinggal Terbatas” or “ITAS”) which replaced the prevailing emergency stay permit. The ITAS can be granted to the foreigners after obtaining the Visa approval (“e-Visa”).
From now on, during the application of ITAS onshore, the foreigners are allowed not to leave Indonesia which is different from the previous provisions that only allows foreigners to have e-Visa in Indonesia Representative (KBRI/KJRI) overseas. The E-Visa can be processed by the Foreigner in the local Immigration Office follow their residence in Indonesia.
There is no differentiation of requirements for applying both ITAS onshore and offshore, which are as follows:
- ITAS only can be granted for work and non-work purposes. As for work purposes, the foreigners must obtain a working permit from Ministry of Manpower prior to ITAS. Otherwise, for non-work purposes can apply the ITAS directly. The activities which can be categorized to the non-work purposes are a foreign investment, family unification, and elderly foreign tourists.
- The foreigners must have a sponsor which guarantees during foreigner’s stay period in Indonesia. The sponsor can be an Indonesian company or an Indonesian spouse.
- During the application, foreigners must enclose the following additional documents:
- Negative Swab-RT PCR results;
- Statement letter which stated to be willingly quarantined with own expenses;
- Statement letter which stated to be willingly monitored during the quarantine; and
- Health insurance policy and/or statement letter which stated will to pay by themselves if affected by Covid-19.
The procedures for applying ITAS onshore are as follows:
- The sponsor must register to obtain a Visa Online account in https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/ (“website”).
- The sponsor submitted all required documents according to the types of e-Visa through the website. During the submission, the system will automatically choose the local immigration office (follow the foreign residence in Indonesia) for ITAS submission process.
- The sponsor makes payment for non-tax state revenue (“Penerimaan Negara Bukan Pajak” or “PNBP”) of visa approval and visa costs in the amount of IDR.200,000(two hundred and thousand Rupiah) and USD 150 (one hundred and fifty united states dollar)
- The sponsor obtains e-Visa which deliver through email that connected to Visa Online account.
- The sponsor submits ITAS application in local immigration office (refer to foreigner’s domicile) within 7 (seven) days after the issuance date of e-Visa. The sponsor also requires to enclose the e-Visa and other documents.
- The sponsor makes payment for non-tax state revenue of ITAS.
- Foreigners take a photo and biometric session in the local immigration office.
- Immigration will be granted ITAS through stamp in the passport and e-ITAS issuance delivered to the sponsor’s and/or foreigner’s email
Author: Kristalia Andiani Puteri
Having a question regarding KITAS?
Let’s contact us on the following alternatives:
Hotline: (+62) 812 1111 8608 / (+62) 21 – 2271 8638
Our experienced Consultant will happy to help you.